Learn how to create a sacred space free of negativity
This clear and contemporary guide explores the ritual use of smoke and scents to cleanse the energies of mind, body, and home. Here, aromatherapist and long-time herbalist Amy Blackthorn offers the essential tools for creating sacred space—a safe space free of negative energies—using herbs, incense, smoke, and other practices.
Written in an accessible style, free of jargon, Sacred Smoke has everything you need to know to get started on your practice of purification and cleansing, including:
- The importance of self-care
- How to keep your home and family safe
- How to protect your home while you are away
- Adding crystals to your cleansing practice
- Using essential herbs and recipes for creating a cleansing smoke
- Understanding sustainability and developing a practice free of appropriation
Sacred Smoke is an essential guide for anyone seeking to practice the ritual use of cleansing and clearing to protect and heal themselves, their home, and their family.
Here is the first contemporary guide to the transformative powers of essential oils for use in spellcraft and the cultivation of ritual power. From rose-scented rosaries to the lingering aroma of frankincense, and the cleansing energy of white sage, Amy Blackthorn– the woman behind Blackthorn Hoodoo Blends –will take you on a journey beyond the soothing, healing power of scents into their hidden realms and their use in prayer, meditation, and shamanic journeying. One of the very first of its kind, this book includes:
- The rich history and lore of scent-related magic
- How carrier oils affect magic
- Over 140 essential oil recipes and craft projects
- An explanation of how magical aromatherapy can enhance divination with tarot and runes
- Practical information regarding the purchasing, blending and storing of essential oils
She lives in Delaware.